The management team
Marc du Pontavice
Chairman and CEO
President of SPFA (Union of French Animation Producers)
- Graduate of the Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po Paris)
- Corporate Secretary, then CEO of Gaumont TV (1991-95) of which he was also co-founder.
- Founder of Gaumont Multimedia in 1995 rapidly becoming a key player in the production of animated series with world-wide hits such as Space Goofs (1997), Oggy and the Cockroaches (1998) and highly successful video games such as adaptations of The Visitors (1997) or The Fifth Element (1998)
- Founder of Xilam Animation in 1999, which several months later purchases both the assets and production studio of Gaumont Multimedia. Under this new label he will produce 52 original episodes of Lucky Luke
- Xilam enters Euronext’s second market Paris 2002
- Founder of One World Films in 2006, feature film production company, which gets an initial, spectacular result with the release in 2010 of Joann Sfar’s film Gainsbourg (a heroic life), a box office success with 1,2 million tickets sold in French theaters and with distribution in over 30 countries. Eight times nominee, the film wins three Césars (The French Oscar), including best first film and best actor. In September 2011, his latest feature, a new adaptation of the classic « The War of the Buttons » was released.
- Diploma in accounting
- 17 years of experience with Gaumont as Accounting Manager, then Group Financial Director for 4 years. She was responsible for Group consolidation, budgeting and supervision of internal auditing.
- Nadine Lambert joined Xilam in March, 2011 as Deputy CFO. She is in charge of consolidated accounts, quality control of financial statements, budget and accounts follow-up and controlling
- Nadine Lambert’s sectorial experience reinforces our Financial and Executive Management within the framework of present reorganization of the Xilam Group and its future projects.
PRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Graduate of EAC and BA in Art History
- Audio visual career begins in broadcasting of sporting events (America’s Cup) then public relations at Canal+
- 5 years’ experience at Medialab, Canal+ animation production subsidiary specialized in 3D animation and virtual characters, and Medialab Videosystem post-production for advertising and special effects for feature films.
- Graduate of the Écoles Centrales of Lille and Lyon, specialist in new information technologies and communication.
- Professional degree in Management of Audiovisual Production from the École des Gobelins
- 3 years experience as Information Systems’ advisor
- Camille Wiplier joins Xilam in March, 2011 as Production Manager (Mr Baby, The Daltons) and becomes Studio Executive in October, 2011
- Camille is in charge of Xilam’s productions; budget and overall organization. Her expertise has allowed Xilam to vastly improve their production procedure, from productivity output to rationalization of production costs.
- Graduate of the Audiovisual and Film Department at the University of Paris VII, Denis Diderot
- Head editor and Assistant Project Director then Script coordinator with Xilam between 2000 and 2004
- 2 years experience as Youth Sector Artistic Advisor, then Script reader at M6
- 6 years experience as Artistic Advisor for Youth Sector at TF1
- European Audiovisual Writing Conservatory (CEEA) Paris XIV, trains script runners and teaches script-writing expertise, 2008,
- Jean Brune returns to Xilam as Editorial Executive Director in July, 2012
MARKETING & SALES MANAGEMENT
SVP Marketing & Digital
- Nicolas has 20 years of experience in digital and innovative marketing. He was previously Chief Marketing Officer of Parrot, a global leader in drones and connected objects. Before Parrot, Nicolas worked for VOD (video-on-demand) companies Netgem and Glowria. He graduated from ESC Amiens, France, and studied Marketing at HEC Montréal University, Canad.
SVP Global Consumer Product & Media Distribution Asia-Pacific, USA and UK
EVP Media Distribution EMEA & Canada
VP Media Distribution
Latin America & Iberia
Legal Director& Business Affairs Manager
- Graduate of Sciences-Po Bordeaux, master’s degree of Business Law, DESS in fiscal law, LLM from the Colombia University School of Law
- International Lawyer in Paris and in New-York
- 3 years of experience as lawyer in the firm of Arthur Andersen International and Walker and Associates
- 5 years of experience with UGC Images as corporate lawyer in charge of structuring and international film sales then Deputy Director of the legal department in charge of acquisitions and production.
- Pierre Monfort has been Legal Director and business Affairs Manager for Xilam since 2008. He is in charge of all contract negotiations and he is the guarantor, given his vast experience, of the Xilam Group’s legal security at the corporate and operational level. He works in close collaboration with the Finance department, the marketing manager and the CEO and chairman.